• Remove bandage in a CLEAN bathroom after 24 hours.
• After removing bandage, wash the tattoo immediately with warm water and anti-bacterial liquid soap. We recommend plain Dial soap out of a pump bottle. No soap with fragrance, moisture beads, or scrubs are allowed on your fresh tattoo.
• Apply a THIN layer of AQUAPHOR healing ointment, made by Eucerin. Rub it in, then dab excess off with a clean paper towel. Use the Aquaphor for the first 2-3 days after each wash. After the first 2-3 days apply only as needed when the tattoo feels dry or stiff.
• Consult your artist if you plan to do any strenuous activity within the first ten days of having your tattoo. Lotion may be applied to the tattoo as it dries out; however, if your skin is extremely sensitive, lotion may cause break outs, similar to that of acne. This can be taken care of by reducing the number of lotion applications per day.
• Wear loose, preferably cotton clothing over the fresh tattoo. A bra strap, tight waistband, sweaty gym clothing, or itchy cotton sweater can potentially create healing problems.
• After a few days, the tattoo will begin to form flaky scabs that will fall off on their own. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH AT YOUR TATTOO. Keep it moisturized and the scabs will eventually slough. Once again, they will be the color of the tattoo.
• DO NOT SUBMERGE YOUR TATTOO IN SITTING/STILL WATER. Still water holds bacteria easily do not swim or bathe in sitting water until your tattoo is completely healed.
• DO NOT EXPOSE YOUR TATTOO DIRECTLY TO UNCLEAN USED GYM EQUPTMENT OR COMMONLY USED UNCLEAN PUBLIC SURFACES. when using public transit and public gym equipment simply wipe the surface clean with a disinfectant wipe before and after use.
• It normally takes 2-3 weeks for a tattoo to completely heal. If you have ANY questions about your healing, please contact your artist by calling the shop number or reaching out to them directly. Please do not consult your friends about healing issues, as everyone’s experience is unique. Our artists are more than happy to help with any concerns you might have.
1. Only use CLEAN HANDS to wash your tattoo. NO washcloths, bath towels, sponges or loofahs.
2. Carefully remove bandage.
3. Make a lather in your hand with soap and warm water. Proceed to gently clean your tattoo using a circular motion. Rinse the tattoo and wash once again, gently, until the skin is clean.
4. Use a clean paper towel to pat dry.
5. Once the tattoo is dry apply your second saniderm bandage and leave it on your tattoo for no longer than 3 days.
While we recommend the saniderm healing process if you do not wish to apply the second saniderm bandage provided to you, you may simply proceed to step six.
6. Repeat the proper tattoo washing process listed above 2 times a day for the next two weeks.